What if your play had purpose?
What if your virtual efforts made a real difference?
What if your online skills could produce offline accomplishment?
Why did we bring you here?
We are putting together a team of the very best artists, engineers and designers from the film industry and the game industry, and beyond. We are looking for a Lead Animator to breathe life into our artists models and designer's visions, and we need them now! We know that experience and accomplishment come in many forms, so if you are talented, passionate, and want to transform what it means to be a gamer, we are the company for you.
Who are we?
At Blinkmoon, we are assembling a team of award-winning artists, brilliant designers, and veteran game producers and we want you on our journey! We believe everyone brings a unique function to the body of work we produce. We are on a mission to provide the world with stories that fuel people’s passions, ignite movements, and make a difference. We are not just a gaming company hiring gamers. We are in the business of creating a world where gaming makes a difference.
Who are you?
- Have at least 6 years experience in animation in the game industry
- Computer Programming/Scripting experience (e.g. Blueprints, C#, C++, MEL, Python, Etc.)
- Experience developing rigs, systems, and tools for Maya
- Experience managing and leading others
- The ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with other disciplines and departments
- Familiarity of game engine requirements and rig parameters for game engines
- Absolute passion for playing and making the industry’s best videogames
- Having Unreal experience is a major plus
Who you will do?
- Collaborate with Producers, Animators, Designers, Artists, and Engineers in providing expertise on animating gameplay features
- Create and develop efficient character/weapon/vehicle/prop rigging and pipeline tools for the development teams
- Develop and maintain character facial rigs and tools to support the facial animation pipeline
- Work with the motion capture teams to develop more efficient and effective tools and procedures for capture and delivery of motion capture data
- Work with C++/MEL/Python and other scripting languages to automate the animation rigging and workflow process
- Test tools thoroughly prior to full deployment and ensure that they work properly throughout the production process
- Create online documentation and support materials for existing and new tools, methods, training sessions, processes
- Assist in building a team from the ground floor, recruiting, training and managing a growing department of animators
- Create, organize, and lead training sessions so all animation team members can fully adopt and use the tools and methods
What we offer:
The master in the art of living makes little distinction between their work and their play.
To them, they are always doing both.
Blinkmoon is entirely remote. You no longer need to fit work into your life. Wherever you want to be, you can bring your work with you. Spending time in the comfort of your home with your loved ones, or travelling to cities and locations you've always wanted to experience, you can have Blinkmoon there with you. Blinkmoon has a commitment to work/life balance, an open paid time off policy, and flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children as well as RRSP contribution matching.
As a startup, you're joining Blinkmoon at a very exciting time. Contributing from the foundation of Blinkmoon, YOU are a crucial part of the future of our company. Your voice and your creations will become fundamental in our culture and our brand. Blinkmoon is yours to create.
Blinkmoon Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Play with Purpose – Play with Blinkmoon
Click Apply Now